Blog Post #7
I think teacher pages on a school website can be very helpful for the parents. Teachers post information about themselves and about their class. Some teachers even add links to the resources the parents will need to buy for the class. I really like that a lot of the teachers I saw included what wouldn’t be taught in the class and what students that were learning online would need to do. Here is the link to the website I primarily looked at: https://www.leonschools.net/domain/1574.
I can see myself using technology to communicate with parents and effectively put grades into the system so parents can see. I think creating a newsletter each month and sending it to the parents is a great way to quickly and easily tell them what is going on during the month. I can definitely see myself using Kahoot or EdPuzzle. Kahoot is a great way to help your kids practice for a test while making it fun. I like Edpuzzles because it splays the video, but you can add questions for the students to answer while they are watching. This makes sure they are engaged while watching.
I really liked working on Assignment 2. I liked getting to create a Canvas while not having to do it on my own. Canvas was pretty easy to navigate, so I don’t really have any complaints. After Assignment 2, I realized that I needed to start evaluating every website before I use it. I didn’t realize that a lot of the articles I was using for assignments were not reliable.
Comments
Post a Comment