Blog Post #3
As a teacher, I would either use the public domain or cite my sources correctly to avoid copyright. I think it is important to show students how to properly cite sources so they can avoid copyright as well. At my school, we were only taught how to cite sources when writing papers. Everything taught on Tuesday and Thursday about public domain and copyright is pretty much new knowledge for me. I think it should be taught to middle schoolers how to read a Creative Commons License to prevent them from copyrighting something when they are older.
I think academic dishonesty will become a big issue the more technology is implemented into schools. Technology makes it super easy for students to cheat. Most students will look up answers to their homework or their tests. I think it is going to be hard to find something that will prevent students from doing things like this. Honestly, I think tests and quizzes should go back to being on paper. This takes away the temptation to open another tab and look up the answers during a test.
I acquired a bunch of new skills when creating my newsletter. As I previously said, I had not worked with Word very often. The main things I learned was how to make columns and how to make a hyperlink. I could definitely improve by figuring out how to space out my columns better. There are some awkward spaces between my heading because I couldn’t figure out exactly how to fix it. These skills will help me in the future when making newsletters and other things to pass out to parents.


Comments
Post a Comment