Blog Post #10

 While working on Assignent 5, I learned how to create buttons and turn on nonlinear navigation. These are skills that I didn’t even know were possible on PowerPoint. While doing this assignment, I liked how I had a lot of free range. It allowed me to explore different things and tools on Powerpoint. One thing I did not like was how tedious it was to create a Jeopardy Game. A lot of things came into play when creating all the different buttons. I definitely can improve on the transitions because I just did the same transition for every slide on this assignment. 

    When teaching lower elementary school, I feel like I would use data collection tools to get to know my students more. A lot of teachers give their students information forms on the first week of school. I think using a data collection tool could be fun for the kids while also still allowing me to see different things about the students i.e how many siblings they have, how many pets they have, etc. I think it will be hard to use data collection tools for different reasons in liek 1st and 2nd grade.

Another technology-related skill I would like to learn is how to use an online grading tool like a grade book. In order to make this a SMART goal. I would like to learn which grading tools are the best and how to use them in the next month. I’ll first start by simply doing some research about these tools and looking at teacher reviews. This will help me decide which online grade book I will learn how to use. I then plan on watching countless videos on how the website works. Since I don’t have students yet, I will primarily just play around with the website for now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #3

Blog Post #5

Teacher Productivity