Blog Post #2
Growing up, my school mainly used Google Docs; however, I did have to use Microsoft Word my junior and senior year for dual enrollment. I have not had the best experience with Microsoft Word mainly because I don't know exactly how to use it. I've gotten better each time I've used it though. I think using Microsoft Word all throughout college will definitely help me learn new shortcuts to make my life easier. I prefer to use Google Docs simply because I know more about it. I know all the different things you can do on a Google Doc so it ultimately saves me time. When I am using Microsoft Word, I have to stop and look up how to do specific things.
I think leadership is the most important ISTE Standard. I think being a leader is super important because it shows the students how to be a leader both in the classroom and the outside world. By being a leader, it is easy to empower students and encourage their successes. I have been lucky enough to have many great leaders as teachers. These teachers have taught me so many different leadership skills that I plan to use when I become a teacher.
I definitely agree with labeling today's youths as "digital natives". Being a digital native means to be very tech savvy. I think it is easier for kids these days to be better with technology because a lot of stuff is already online. I have only seen a couple differences between my "digital native" teachers and "digital immigrant" teachers. The main difference is that my "digital immigrant" teachers always had to ask for help when using the smart board. This didn't really affect my education much. I don't think they'll will be a difference between me and my future students. I believe this because most generation z people are already pretty tech savvy. This leads me to believe that generation z teachers will be able to easily keep up with all the different technological things that come out.

Comments
Post a Comment